An application for administration of sponsorship agencies developed by the .NET Open Space User Group of Vienna Austria in the process of a charity coding event on Nov. 26, 2011.
The goal of this project is to create an application for administration of sponsorship agencies. Such an agency coordinates sponsorships, i.e., the promise of a sponsor to pay a regular sum for supporting a sponsored person - usually a child. Additionally or alternatively, a sponsor can promise a one-time gift to a sponsored person for a given sum. The sponsorship agency fulfills the promises on the sponsor's behalf and in turn receives the sponsor's payments of the respective sums.
The software will provide the following functionalities:
- Keeping a list of sponsored people and people yet to be sponsored
- Administration of sponsors and their sponsorships
- Administration of sponsorship agency members and their membership fees
- Administration of gifts made by a sponsor for a sponsored person
- Keeping a list of payments for each sponsor
- Providing the possibility of determining the "account balance" of each sponsor (i.e., whether a sponsor's payments match his or her promises, and if not, by what amount)
The first version of it will be implemented during a charity coding session on Nov. 26, 2011 by the .NET Open Space user group of Vienna, Austria.