Project Name/Description

Coordinator
Oct 12, 2011 at 8:42 AM

Hi all,

The term we were looking for yesterday is "sponsoring": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_sponsorship - "Godfather"/"Godparent" seems only to be used for Christian baptism, i.e. "Taufpate" in German.

I still kinda like the project's name (although it may be confusing to other people); however, in the project summary, description, program UI, and program code I'd rather use "sponsorship agencies", etc.

Other opinions? What do you think about potential confusion with the project name?

Fabian

Coordinator
Oct 13, 2011 at 9:53 AM
Edited Oct 13, 2011 at 9:54 AM

well i like the name .. and yes we should change the description. Going to update it today

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2011 at 1:03 PM

Hi!

I'm really looking forward to creating something useful and good together with you guys!

As I haven't been to any of your meetings yet, I have very little to no information about the planned architecture of this project.
Will it be a web project or a client application? Which data access strategies are being considered?

Thanks!
Sebastian

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2011 at 1:36 PM

We don't have the specifications yet, so we cannot tell how the data access strategy will be.

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2011 at 1:44 PM

As Jörg said, there is no specification yet - most of us don't know about the functional requirements: whether this should be a client or web application, use cases, number of users, expected quantity of data, etc.

Currently, Adrian (projectf) seems to be the only one who knows what exactly this project is about. Hopefully, he'll tell us about the details in our meeting on Nov. 8. Once we know the requirements, we can discuss architecture, data access technology, client technology, etc.

Coordinator
Nov 6, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Ok, just asked because I don't have a lot of experience in web development, but am quite comfortable with WPF client dev.
But even if it turns out to be a web application I will be able to contribute a lot in the back-end areas of the project :-)

I will also attend the meeting on Nov 8, so see you all there!